Friday, December 21, 2007

Marathon


Well, two weeks ago my friend/college housemate/college teammate came to visit and to run the Honolulu marathon. We had a great time and I really enjoyed my first marathon. Our goal was 3:10 to qualify schabby for Boston. We were on pace through the half, but I think the warm weather started to catch up with my friend, so with his permission I set off on my own course. I dropped the pace down from about 6:45's to 6:00's and it was going well until I realized I still had 10k to go and I wasn't feeling so hot. You see this was suppose to just be a training run, so I backed off to 7 flat and brought it home in 2:58:13. So my second half was 1:25. Not bad.

The past two weeks have been filled with Christmas shopping and finishing school. My body has been acting funny and although I am not sick, I haven't been feeling so hot. Training wise I have just been doing easy runs. I will get back into training in January. I am trying to peak for a few races over the summer so it's back to doing base mileage and this time I am following Lydiard's training especially since I picked up at copy of Running with Lydiard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.